Saturday, January 24, 2015

Chapter 16: Family History

First reason for this title: I got to help my companion with Geneology stuff (he found a line that goes to Adam and Eve). 2nd reason for this title: I have been thinking a lot of my family and the history we are creating right now by who we are and what we are doing.

In regards to my one year anniversary on my mission (it is on January 22nd): I am am doing fine and I have no plans of burning a shirt or tie. I need them :P And I think it´s a stupid tradition anyway. I don´t mind that the Camel won´t be there in time. I´ll probably be saying that I have a year on my mission until the last change and then I´ll say the truth. I really think that people tend to judge you based on how much time you have on your mission. I want to be in "the prime" of my mission until I end.

The oh crap moment is when I had to buy another ticket for a sister from Honduras. The Offices in Guatemala bought her a ticket to the wrong place.

Spiritual moment: I experienced a second Christmas through the eyes of a small kid by watching him open presents at his Grandparents´ house after having to move houses from Utah to our Ward here in Costa Rica.

That reminds me of: I had a wonderful time reminiscing  with
Elder hoover about the days before the mission (video games and food and friends and stuff like that).
Well, that's it for this week.
Love you all,
Elder VanderMeyden

No comments:

Post a Comment