Wednesday, February 19, 2014

Week 4 - February 19, 2014

This week in the life of Elder VanderMeyden:
I was doing really well this week. Last Wednesday evening I gave my first Blessing and then on Sunday I gave my second. The first one was really rough. So rough that I decided to fast the next day to help me for when I did my next one (i didn't expect it to be so soon). They both went well though and It was cool.

I got to see Elder Holland in person when it was his wife's birthday and his son was talking to us about the life of Joseph Smith on Sunday too.
Today I want to share an experience with you that I had in the temple. I was doing sealings with my companion and I could literally feel the joy that was in the temple. I didn't see any spirits, nor did i hear any voices but I know that the feelings that I had were more than just myself. While I was there I could imagine all the people whose names were being read with the knowledge that they would be able to become an eternal family. I could imagine the hugs and tears that were there and I couldn't hold it in. My companion, Elder Miller, commented that every time he looked over at me he saw a huge grin on my face. I still feel some that happiness with me now and i don't want to lose it. I'm so blessed to be able to visit the temple and I love every minute of being on my mission.
That's about it for this week. Love you all!
This is Costa Rica!



Rainbow juice

Me riding a pretend bike at the MTC

No comments:

Post a Comment