Monday, September 28, 2015

Chapter 17: Crisis Averted

This week there was a huge miracle with my Mom. She had a virus attack her computer and she lost my pictures from November of last year until I showed up in Cariari. The miracle is that since I got into the office something told me that I should put my pictures onto a flash drive and not erase them from my camera. She had no idea that I had these backups and she wrote me devastated. When she told me what happened I told her not to worry about a thing and told her what the Spirit had prompted me to do almost a year ago. At the time I had no idea it was a prompting, but I followed it nonetheless. The Lord knows that my Mother would have lived with that guilt for so much time if I hadn´t had the backup that he gave me a way to be the way for Him to save the day.
The other crisis is about our mission trip. The house of the mission was full and we were going to get there late so we were not going to get a bed until Elder Garay had the Idea to sleep in Tibas. It was a great idea with only one problem, how would we get to the temple by 6:30 when they asked us. the other house had a micro bus coming to pick up everybody but for us, nothing. We wake up in the morning with faith that there would be a bus at 5:00 to the temple so that we could get  there by 6:00 but as we waited in the station the 5:00 turned to 5:30 and the 5:30 to 5:45. there were other people in the line but no bus came. All of a sudden at 5:50 a bus rolled up and we were off! The bus that normally takes near an hour when there is traffic took 35 minutes and we showed up at 6:25 just as they opened the temple! :D I was so happy. :)

My week went by too fast. The Temple was on Wednesday so it felt like we only had Thursday through Sunday to work. I loved work this week but it was WAY TOO HOT! I actually couldn´t sleep last night until I showered at 1 in the morning, and that was even with the fan on. the strange thing is that I´m only dying of heat inside the house but when I´m in the streets I feel hot, but not that bad. I´ve been asking for many glasses of water though. :P
One of the most memorable moments this week was the lunar eclipse that we saw yesterday. We were teaching a family when their neighbors came in telling them to come see the moon. I ran outside not knowing what to expect and BOOM! the Moon was eaten by the shadow of the earth. It was awesome.

This week was a bit hard trying to find news especially because we focused our short time on visiting the investigators that we already have and invite them to church, even though none of them made it. We´re really working on trying to get people to the General Conference.
Love to all,
Elder VanderMeyden

No comments:

Post a Comment