Monday, May 11, 2015

Chapter 9: A Good Call

Okay, so ya, yesterday was a good call. It was from Dario's home, a recent convert.  A little bit of freezing screens and no sound and such, It was a bit weird though when the camera wasn´t on on your side so I didn´t know where to look. :P But we got it all worked out. It was nice seeing my family again. It's crazy that it's been almost a year and a half since I have seen them in person.
Thanks for those that sent me moments. It was a blast to see the moment you guys are having! If you haven't sent me a moment yet, there is no time limit. I am always up for reading your awesome moments. I have to admit, I am jealous of the techy moment. I swear when I get home I am going to watch like 20 movies. Avengers will be on the top of the list! 
Here are my moments:

foodie moments- I have had it up to HERE with the snow cones in Costa Rica. Sometimes they are called granizados, sometimes Copos. I have wanted on for the past WEEK and they haven´t been anywhere to be found. Then, Sunday someone comes out of nowhere to sell them. SUNDAY! I just want a snowcone thing :(  Little fact, the granizados here use shredded ice, powdered milk, condensed milk and the syrup (the classic for the ticos is Kolita flavored, don´t ask me what it is, I have no idea).

Spiritual Moment-  Talking to escojidos. This week we talked to many people chosen, Tal vez not in my time here, but they will get baptized eventually. One that I want to note today is Andres, he´s the man that has had some troubles with his family recently, he was really depressed when we first found him walking the dog right before we went home. He needs help and we are helping him, but the first time we met with him he agreed to do the last prayer and it was nice and humble. His family is good too, and I hope we can help the family. :)

Oh Crap moment- This Thursday was a great rainstorm in my area and the oh crap part is that the lighting was literally striking with the sound of thunder. It was SOO close. I haven´t heard thunder like that since Nicoya when it set of the car alarms from the blast. :P

Funny moment was when I slipped on some loose gravel and slid into the drain system on the side of the road. Luckily it was empty :P

This week was a bit sad because we had 9 people who PROMISED to come and only 2 made it. We´l work with them again this week and make it happen! I also received a bit of personal revelation telling me to be more humble and just trust in the leaders. Even if you think you have reason, you also have reason to obey. This week we only had 81 LPEs. I did almost all of them and felt a bit like I was justified to let my companion do the rest but now I know that it´s not about if my companion or I do them, it´s about getting them done because these are to help the children that know not where to find the truth. It´s not about me, nor about us (speaking about my companionship), it´s about them. I need to be more humble and admit that always.
Love you all,
Elder VVVVVVVVV

No comments:

Post a Comment