Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Chapter 8: Thanksgiving

Thanksgiving - no double meaning this time - just that with the American holiday coming up, there are many things I am grateful for. One is my companion, Elder Hoover. We are having a great time and really get along and work so hard to bring the work to the people in Costa Rica. Another is the Prophet, Thomas S. Monson and all does to lead the church in these latter days and be the mouthpiece of the Lord. Another is my mission president, President Wilkinson and his family for sacrificing their lives for three years to come down here and guide the best mission ever. He is like a second dad to me and I love him dearly for his guidance. Yet another thing I am grateful for is my family - my mom and dad for supporting me, writing me, praying for me, raising me to be the man I am today, etc., my sisters for always writing me every week, telling me the things I am missing out on, loving me even when I tease them, etc., my grandparents - grams and gramps and nona and papa - for supporting me on my mission, writing me, living and loving the gospel so my parents would love the gospel, spending time with me in my youth, etc., my extended family - aunts, uncles, cousins, etc. for hanging out with me, emailing me, sending me letters and packages, teasing me, teaching me to laugh, and so much more. I am grateful for my friends for always being examples to me, for hanging with me in high school and college, long chats, video gaming, etc. And last but not least, I am thankful for my Savior Jesus Christ and His sacrifice and atonement so that I can return to my family for all eternity.

Now that the sappy stuff is over and mom can stop crying:


1 spiritual-prayer for Jorge. We did a huge prayer of faith this last week and a miracle happened! We were praying for an investgator to get a change in work. He works every Sunday but after 2 days of praying every prayer he got off every other sunday and should be getting baptised this week. :) I`m super happy for him and we will be rocking it in white when, as my companion says "he get`s wet."

1 oh crap-today I have 3 projects left to do! 2 from people in SLC and one that I have to get done today, but it`s a monthly thing that they moved up for the Thanksgiving holiday. I am freaking out, but I can do this. :)

1 funny- This week I accidentally dropped a coin in from of homeless people and they all started making jokes. It was funny and sad (this is also the 3rd world story)

1 reminds me of-I got lost today in the car trying to give directions, but then the road turned into a one way road. It reminds me of the first time I was in the car with Elder Hoover, it was crazy because we were learning to drive in Costa Rica. Also, it reminds me of one of the times I had to give you the driections to one of my friends house, but we got lost... That was funny. There also happened a time when I was in college and I was goin home in the Car of a really good friend, but we got lost and I didn`t know what to do or where to go... That was also fun because it was a great friend and now we have a fun memory

1 foody-I have had too much pizza for one week. We didn`t even buy it very much, but many people offered us the pizza and I didn`t want to say no.

1 thing I am thankful for- LEADERS I love my leaders and they help me so much. I have learned so much from them on both a mission level and a World wide (General Authorities) level :)
I am excited for this week. Thursday, Thanksgiving, after we get done with the daily work, we get to go to the Mission President's house and have a real Thanksgiving. My only one, probably, while on my mission. I can't wait!
Love you all and Happy Thanksgiving!
Elder VanderMeyden
Me and Elder Hoover posing in Costa Rica

Thanksgiving is not complete without pie and whipped topping :)

No comments:

Post a Comment