Monday, April 6, 2015

Chapter 4: In General

I didn´t do much for Easter, but I got to see every session of conference. I really enjoyed it. :)

I was laughing because of how many were about marriage and parenthood. :/  :P I don´t think there is another topic as unwanted for a missionary as that. I thought it was a sad but funny thing. It is such a huge problem in the world nowadays that I can understand the reason why it was needed, but come on! I don´t want to get married withing a year and a half of today. :P

I really loved the talk by Wilford W. Andersen, it really hit a home run in my mind. the other two that I loved were from the Priesthood session, President Uchtdorf and President Monson´s Talks. With the first I took a ton of notes, but with the other I hardly took any because my eyes and ears were glued to the screen. Just so you know, I watched the entire thing in Spanish.
I have a testimony of so many things. I´ve already shared that I know the Book of Mormon is true and that the Holy Ghost is a comforter and guide. I have felt it´s lifting power and it´s enlightening and warning presence. I also have a newly grown testimony of the Doctrine and Covenants. It is modern revelation given to Joseph Smith and a few other Prophets. The book belongs alongside the Bible and the Book of Mormon to make the truth fully known throughout all the World. I also know that the men and women chosen of God to be our general authorities receive revelation from the Most High to bless us and help us as well as answering our questions. I know that missionary work is the Lords work and really it is the Work of salvation among the living and the dead. I have learned much during my time on the mission that I would not trade for anything. I have been set apart by the power of God and given the authority to preach the gospel. My life has been changed, my sins forgiven, and my outlook transformed all by the power of Christ´s Atonement. In the name of Jesus Christ, amen! :)

A foodie moment might be that my companion gives me lollipops with chili powder. Like every good mexican companion, he´s trying to convert me to the chili. ;) food miracle is that our cook said that she´d bring food to between the conferences but she never showed up so instead we had nothing, but for some reason a lady brought food for the missionaries in another area, but they had already eaten so I was able to eat from them. ;)
Here is a picture of my zone from our temple trip last week. In case anyone forgot what I look like, I am the short one on the right in a gray suit. :P

Love you all!
Elder VanderMeyden
Inline image 2

No comments:

Post a Comment