Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Chapter 7: Growing on Me

So, my companion is growing on me. He´s new and so we need to get into the vibe quickly to have success, but he´s growing on me. ;)

Also, another thing that´s growing is mold on my shoes (It´s not growing on me, but it was close enough). I can´t seem to shake this silly little mold that keeps appearing because of the humid climate.

Anyway, Down to buisness:
My companion is Elder Gonzalez, a native speaker from Guatemala (Yup, the second one in a row :)  ). He´s a bit quiet and actually very smart. He´s been a member all his life and loves Fútbol just as much as Elder De Leon. Today we actually played for a long time in the church for our Día de Preparación. He´s planning on going into system engineering. In general, he reminds me of a certain Mckinlay that is serving his mission in Mexico City right now otherwise known as my best friend. I know that he can be a great missionary very quick, I just have to get him to start doing things solo and not rely on my because there will be a day when I won´t be here. However, he still has a while with me and I know that small steps, when added up, can finish even the longest of journeys (wow, ¿que profundo? :P  ). I haven´t had a single problem with him since he arrived and I want to keep it that way.
Let me tell you, Trainer is the LARGEST Responsibility that there is in the mission because they prepare the way for the future of the mission. Do you know how much pressure that is? I HAVE THE FUTURE OF THE MISSION SLEEPING UNDER ME EVERY NIGHT! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I´m suffocating in the pressure, but it´s good because it keeps me vigilant. ;)

By the way, this is my mailing address. Quite a few of you wanted it so I thought I´d put it in the weekly email to help out. :)
Elder VanderMeyden
Mission Costa Rica San Jose
Apartado Postal 249-2010
San Jose, Costa Rica
Centro America
That´s about all for this week but it has been a great week of searching and finding. We actually have a baptism we´re working on before the end of the month. wish us luck and more of the spirit
Also, I thought I´d say thanks to all of you for the support and love. I need it now more than ever, especially with this new responsibility that I have. You have all helped me through hard times before, but I know that the hard times are going to be harder than ever. All I can say is that I will have to trust in the Lord more than i ever had before.
Love you all,
Elder VanderMeyden

No comments:

Post a Comment